10.12.2014

I was mistaken

So remember last week when I said I wasn't going to go to General Conference? WELL, I WAS INCORRECT! I got to go to the Saturday morning session!! It was so amazing! I've never seen so many Mormons in one place in my entire life which is saying something, because I go to college in Rexburg! It was crazy. We weren't able to find an investigator to come, so we brought someone who was recently baptized. It was such a neat experience!  We got to sit in the section right where they all walk in. While there we saw three other sisters from our mission, and two other people who finished their missions earlier this year. Also, while we were walking towards the temple this camera guy popped out of NOWHERE and snapped a picture of a lady and a little girl that were in front of us. So when the conference addition of the Ensign comes out and there's a picture of a lady with a cane and a little girl with a lightish colored blob walking behind them, that blob would be me! Woo hoo! Famous.
 We watched the other sessions with our investigator Robert (who said he felt the Spirit when we were sustaining the Apostles. AWESOME!) the Meisenbacher family (who fed us waffles with ice cream on top), and the Snasel family (they're just plain cool).

I also got to go out to lunch with Sister McKee from Kearns, it was SOOO FUN to see her again, and her cute baby, too. That woman is a blast. We went to a place called Zuppas. Zuppas is everywhere around here. I don't know if they have those back at home, but if they don't, they should.

 Last Wednesday we had a sisters meeting, where we learned about how to properly do lessons at temple square and having Christlike attributes. Sister Chambers shared a scripture from Alma 5, which I've decided to make my theme scripture for the next 6 weeks. I've prayed about it and set some goals for the next 6 weeks and hopefully by the end my faith will be strengthened, I'll have become a little more like Jesus, and I'll be able to better help people come closer to Him.
"14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in our countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?
15 Do ye exercise faith in the redemption of him who created you? Do you look forward with an eye of faith, and view this mortal body raised in immortality, and this corruption raised in incorruption, to stand before God to be judged according to the deeds which have been done in the mortal body?
16 I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?"
If we want the Savior's image to shine in our countenances, we need to do things that will help us be Christlike. As we serve others and treat them with kindness, we're able to start feeling the Savior's love for them, and they're able to feel the Savior's love for them. As we exercise our faith, it grows.
Last Thursday we watched Meet the Mormons and it was actually SUPER good! Like I saw an Elder sobbing afterwards it was so good. Good sobbing, not "this is terrible" sobbing.
It's getting chilly around here, time to bust out the tights here soon.
Wednesday is transfers! I'm not sure what will happen, since this is Sister Loveland's last transfer. She'll probably stay, and I don't think I'm going to stay. But you never know! I could be here the rest of my mission.
We had a miracle! There were some people we were teaching that dropped us a month or so ago, and they texted us this week and said they wanted to be baptized on the 25th!! What?!! We are SO excited for them!!! That means 4 baptisms in the 1st ward this month, 5 within 2 months. The people here love their neighbors and friends so much, and they are really led by the Spirit in the things they do and say.
I know that prayers are heard, and I know that miracles happen every day. I know that God lives, and I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that there is a prophet on the earth today, and I know that God speaks through him. I know this is the Lord's work that we're doing, and I know that He will never let us fail. We are all missionaries, and we all have people places in our paths each day that we can bring blessings to.

Love you!


Sister Hinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment