2.23.2015

Sister Hinkle: master of eating gross food

So this week was great! Cailee was baptized on Tuesday night, and confirmed yesterday. She just glows all of the time. So many people came to support her that we had to move it into the chapel. When it came time for the actual ordinance, everyone was crammed into the Relief Society room and we could barely see up to the font. It was wonderful!!! We love that family SoooOoOoOOooo much! We're super excited to start the new member lessons with her this week!

Right before the baptism Sister Chambers texted us and asked if she could come out and teach with us Wednesday night. Sister Kahaialii and I almost fell over and died! It's not like we could say no! We were a little nervous but the next night she came with us and we got into every house we went to! We had a great lesson with a boy who is hard to catch at home and he actually had tears in his eyes when we left. We met a lot of people who have become less active and set up some appointments for this week. It was wonderful! We had a lot of fun and we were able to visit with some amazing people. We also had a car, and were able to cover 3498570243987 times more ground, so that made it all the more sweeter.

SO, now I want to talk about something important. I am proud of myself because this week, they served us fish for dinner TWICE and I didn't even throw up! That's right everyone, as far as those families know, I totally like fish. I didn't even make a face or anything. Go me! Personal best!

On Monday we got special permission to hang out with some sisters in the Sandy West zone (we're Sandy East) who are going home soon. We ate ice cream and then went to this place called Sheels (sort of like Cabellas but way smaller) and look for a snorkel...don't ask why because I'm not even really sure. Anyways, the exciting part was that we saw a cute lady that I love from my last area and got to visit with her! I was so happy! They have dead animals there, and one of them is a moose. Those things are terrifying!

Last Thursday we had a sisters meeting, and I got to see all my sisters in SoJo!!! I miss them so much! It was great to see my old companions, too! My trainer Sister Swain goes home in a couple of weeks, she sang a solo at the meeting and it was BEAUTIFUL! She is wildly talented. I remember when we were both new missionaries back in Kearns. Missions go by too fast! That couldn't have been over a year ago! Sisters meetings are the best, because they're nicer to us than the elders. President and Sister Chambers gave every one of us a rose and they had boxes of giant heart cookies. It was the most girly church meeting I've been in since testimony meeting at girl's camp a couple years ago.

Sister K and I have been doing some heavy door knocking this week, because we are desperate to find people to teach! We know there are people here ready to receive us and our message, and we're working hard to find them.

I found an old notebook from last summer and was going through some zone conference notes. President went over the story of David and Goliath and talked about how when we're prepared (studying, praying, being obedient) we know that God is with us, and he said when we know God is with us we need to run towards the very things that scare us most, because that's when we'll see miracles. I know that as missionaries continue to go and work, and run towards the very things that scare us most, we'll continue to see miracles all over the world. I know that the power behind us is so much greater than any obstacle Satan will put in front of us. The good side will always win in the end.

We've got zone conference this week! I'm excited to see what's in store. I love my mission so much. It's the best thing I've ever done, and I will never regret it.

Love you! Be happy! I feel like I'm forgetting to write about something but oh well! Next week!


Sister Hinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment