2.23.2015

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Soooooo. I am really running out of email subject lines.

 I don't have a lot of say this week. We've been working hard. Our zone conference last Tuesday was great! I love President and Sister Chambers so much! About 20 missionaries gave their departing testimonies, I'm not sure how many gave their departing testimonies in the Thursday zone conference. Crazy to think we're loosing so many people! A lot of the people going home soon are in our zone, too. We're going to get a whole bunch of different people over here in Sandy. 

We found out that we're getting ipads in our mission this spring!! Woo hoo! I'm really excited not to carry a big fat heavy bag all day long. 

I got to see the stake president (Pres Sohm) of my last area in SoJo at our conference! He's in charge of the fleet of the Church (so every car that the Church owns in the world) and they taught us about some black boxes they're putting in our mission's cars. The boxes record how well we're driving and make sure we're all being safe.

This transfer is flying by! Next Wednesday is our transfer day, and I'm pretty sure I'll stay in Sandy since I usually stay in an area 4-5 months. Excited to see what happens! It doesn't feel like it's been 6 weeks already.

Sister Kahaialii and I feel like we've really gained the trust of the members in this area, so we see a lot of good things ahead. We only went to one ward yesterday for church, and the whole testimony meeting was centered around missionary work and serving others! It was amazing! We also asked all of our ward mission leaders to bear their testimonies in their wards about missionary work and having faith in the Lord and also having faith in ourselves and our neighbors. Great things are going to happen! We won't let a couple of slow weeks discourage us. It's usually right when you feel like you can't push any farther that something big is about to happen. I have no doubt in my mind that we are going to find many people this week that are searching to be closer to their Heavenly Father and their Savior Jesus Christ.

Love you! Be happy!

Sister Hinkle

P.S. Thanks for all of your warm weather prayers!!!! It hasn't been below 30 degrees for weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment