6.12.2014

Mountain View Stake

So I'm in the MV stake for another transfer! I was super excited to stay, my companion Sister Snyder was super sad to leave. I am not companions with Sister Osa from Samoa! She's beena member for almost 4 years, and she's been out in the field for 12 weeks. She's the only member in her family. We are having lots of fun and she is SUCH a great teacher! Sister Snyder went to an area (South Jordan, all of 5 minutes away) that has a car. JEALOUS. I've just accepted the fact that I'm never going to drive a car on my mission. And when I get home my car will probably explode the minute I step off the plane so I'll probably never drive one then either.

We are teaching lots of lessons! Unfortunately everyone has fallen off date, but we're not letting that get us down! There are people that the Lord is preparing, and when they're ready we will be here for them. I was feeling really down about it, but today I check my email and three of the people I taught in Kearns emailed me!!!! I couldn't believe it! I was so happy that they thought of me and I am so happy they're all continuing to learn and grow in the gospel. I love these people so much. That is one thing I've noticed about being a missionary, I have this overwhelming love for every person I meet.

Yesterday we spoke in the 10th ward on fasting. They preparation was mostly done during the announcements in sacrament meeting out of a book that I borrowed from the library 4 minutes before the meeting started. Luckily it was only a 6 minute talk, so it went well. Then we went over to the 1st ward and President Felts (a member of our mission presidency) was there!! It was really good to see him. He's one of the friendliest people I know. Then we had a whole evening of appointments. It was a pretty good Sunday.

Our mission has been doing a month-long study of the Atonement, I've probably written about it before, but I have been able to incorporate the Atonement into my teaching so much more lately. The Savior really did give us the greatest gift possible. He suffered and overcame both spiritual and physical death, and He did it for every single one of us. What an incredible blessing. I know I don't appreciate what He did for me enough. I know that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father really do love every single one of us.

That's all I can think to write about right now. Have a happy week!

Love you!


Sister Hinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment