7.12.2014

Weeky Week Week


So we had a super good week this week! I didn't ride my bike for like 4 days! Woohoo! 

We had a miracle this past week!!! Sister Osa and I were on splits last Wednesday, and she got some referrals from a member. She then left to Sandy for a 24 hr exchange like a day later. While she was gone I totally forgot the information she gave me, so we were going to visit the same member to get the referral information. On our way to the members house, we hear someone call us over. We turn around to see a man named Daniel, we talked for a little bit and he said, "So you're missionaries! I want my daughter to be baptized! She's 12" and I'm pretty sure my jaw actually dropped to the ground. We had our first lesson with her yesterday! It went really great! She is the sweetest little girl and she is super excited to start coming to the ward and keep learning about the gospel!! I already love her so much. I know I say this all the time, but it is incredible how I can feel the Savior's love for the people I'm teaching. I know Jesus Christ loves us, because I can feel His love for others. 

I am serving in such a great stake, the people who live here are incredible. I love being a missionary. I love bringing people closer to our Savior. I know this is His Church, He stands at the head of it. I really know that. 

Katie sent me part of the General Conference talk from President Monson in her email today, and I really love it a lot. 

“We must remember that those mortals we meet in parking lots, offices, elevators, and elsewhere are that portion of mankind God has given us to love and to serve.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: ‘It might have been!

Dale Carnegie, a well-known American author and lecturer, believed that each person has within himself or herself the “power to increase the sum total of [the] world’s happiness … by giving a few words of sincere appreciation to someone who is lonely or discouraged.” Said he, “Perhaps you will forget tomorrow the kind words you say today, but the recipient may cherish them over a lifetime."

May we begin now, this very day, to express love to all of God’s children, whether they be our family members, our friends, mere acquaintances, or total strangers. As we arise each morning, let us determine to respond with love and kindness to whatever might come our way."

I love you! Have a happy week! 

Sister Hinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment