5.06.2014

Spriiiiiiiiiiing

Dandelions, armpit sweat, and the smell of grass. IT'S SPRING TIME IN UTAH! You know what THAT means! Hilarious sunburns and Easter.

 I was able to attend two baptisms last weekend! The first one was for a boy we've been teaching here in WJ named Alex. The second was for a couple I was teaching back in Kearns, Chad and Shanna. It is so amazing to see how just talking to someone while they're picking up leaves on the street can lead to them entering into the waters of baptism only a short time later. Every person I teach is so special to me. It's incredible to see their hearts soften and to see their eyes open as they remember things that they knew before this life. It is such a blessing to be a part of this great work. There really is no place I would rather be right now than right here, serving this mission.

I know I didn't get to write a big giant email last Monday, we didn't have much time to write. SO, I have to tell my story today. Last Monday we went to Deseret Book and I saw this super cute little bike necklace and on the paper it said "I will go where you want me to go... I will be what you want me to be" and I was all "AWWW that's so cute I'm a missionary blah blah I love that song and I ride a bike and I should get that bike necklace blah blah blah I'm really good at it now and that necklace is so perfect" and about TWO  HOURS after I bought it, I had my first bike wreck. DUMB. The necklace is probably cursed. My leg was all torn up because, of course, I wrecked on the ONLY gravel road in all of West Jordan, but it's almost fully healed now. It was unfortunate, but pretty funny.

In other news, our district leader (Elder Nelson) goes home on Wednesday. But as a last good deed he did Sister Arthur and I a favor and put in a good word with people who can give this area a car. WHICH MEANS WE MIGHT GET A CAR THIS WEEK, WHAT? YES. I AM SO THRILLED. We can get from ward to ward in like 2 minutes instead of 15. We won't have to find a ride to Walmart on Monday! Hurraaaaaaaaay. BUT, if we don't get one I'll still be happy. Biking is pretty fun now that I can actually make turns and now that my skirt doesn't get caught in the tires.

Also, as we all know, yesterday was Easter!! I have enough candy to last me until next Easter. In fact, a woman who gave us treats yesterday asked if either of us were diabetic, and I told her "No, but I will be by the end of my mission". I literally have an entire shelf dedicated to chocolate in my freezer, not to mention the 4 Easter baskets in our coat closet. I am so done with candy for the rest of my life. Anyways, yesterday we went to 5 sacrament meetings, we heard a LOT of really amazing talks about the Atonement! We've been asked to share this video with everyone the past couple of weeks. www.lds.org <- there's a video called Because of Him that pops up on the first page. Watch it!!! It's all about the Savior and His sacrifice for us His brothers and sisters!

I know that Jesus Christ lives, and I know that it truly is because of Him that we can be resurrected and that we can live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again for eternity. I know that it really is only through Jesus Christ that we can be relieved of the guilt and burdens that come from sin and from the world. I know we can rely on Him, I know that He knows everything each of us have suffered though. And I know that He loves each of us dearly. I know it.

I love you, have a happy week!


Sister Hinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment