1.08.2014

My Life is awesome.

So this past week was AMAZING!! We are teaching some absolutely miracle people that have been prepared by the Lord to hear us. They already have testimonies of the truthfulness of the gospel and it is such an honor to teach these people who have such great faith! One is getting baptized on January 18th and the other will probably be getting baptized the next weekend. One of the people is Spanish speaking and has Spanish speaking kids and so we get to attend the Spanish branch for sacrament meetings! We went last Sunday (during fast and testimony meeting) and decided not to use the headsets and listen to the translator. It's amazing how you can still feel the Spirit when people are bearing their testimonies, no matter what their language is! It was funny because near the end a man was speaking and said something funny and the ENTIRE congregation laughed and Sister Swain and I just looked at each other. Haha.

SPEAKING OF SISTER SWAIN! She just found out that her best friend from home got engaged and she was freaking out because she won't be there for the wedding. This is a picture of her post-freakout stage. 


She just can't handle life right now. Haha

Luckily, we get to go to the Jordan River temple today!!! So maybe she'll feel better then. I'm pretty excited! I love temples! I hope we get one in West Virginia someday.

So I'm fully regretting the lack of piano practicing I did as a kid. I desperately wish I was better at it. BUT, at least I can always start again.

Something super weird that happened this week was that we accidentally walked in on a sushi party on Saturday night. We were contacting some people who haven't come to church in a while because of health problems and when we knocked on the door they invited us in and they were eating sushi! So they were like, "Hey Sisters! Come and eat sushi with us!" And we did. Except mine had no seaweed wrapper (which I found out that I hated last Tuesday) and no fish. It was pretty much rice and vegetables in a soy wrapper. BUT IT WAS BEAUTIFUL.



Anyways, this week has been incredible. I'm so happy and I love teaching others about how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love them. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and I know that because of His Atonement we can all be healed, and we can each return to live with Them again.

Have a wonderful week! Also, hey Dad, what's with the lack of emails this month? I MISS YOU.


Sister Hinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment