1.13.2014

Our Mondays are normal again

I don't really have much to say this week, it's been pretty normal. They switched our P day to Monday again. The temple was great last week! Speaking of temples! We get to bring an investigator to Temple Square this Wednesday!! We're pretty excited.

The same investigator is getting baptized this Saturday!!! Wooooo!!! He has an incredible testimony, he's always searching for answers from the scriptures and he has such great faith!! We're pretty sure he'll be a general authority someday. Just saying. Haha.

There was a HUGE emergency preparedness seminar thing last weekend that tons of people from all over went to at a stake center somewhere down the road. It's cool that you all had a zombie apocalypse 72 hour kit family home evening last week and we had the seminar. Not that we went, we were busy doing missionary things. Utah is so funny, because there are chapels and stake centers on like every corner, and at home some people drive an hour to get to church.

So, the Olympic Oval is right across the road from where I live and they were having speed skating trials recently, which meant there were about 4958734982372 cars going down the road those few days. It was nuts. We would stand on one side of the street for like 10 minutes before it was clear enough to run across. We found out that our mission has had over a dozen accidents this winter. I'm pretty glad we don't have a car in Kearns. I'll have to buy my bike when spring comes, though...which means I'll have to learn to ride a bike in a dress on streets and roads and things.UGH.

Transfers are on the 29th! Sister Swain thinks I'll be staying and she'll be leaving. That'll be crazy. If I end up leaving I'll be sad/excited. I really love this area and the people here are so special to me, but it'll be exciting to serve in another area.

A girl named Shelby lives in one of our wards and she leaves for her mission to Florida next Wednesday. WE ARE SO SAD!! She's like our 3rd companion. She comes to lessons with us and gives us rides and she's so much fun. We're going to spend p day with her today. Her whole family is totally awesome, I'm sure they're sad to see her go, too. But she's going where she's needed. She's going to be an INCREDIBLE missionary!


I guess I did have much to say this week. Haha.

Oh, and I'm sorry about "publicly shaming" Dad last week. I got a big giant email this week. I have the best parents I could ever ask for. :)

I held a cat last night and it didn't even run away at first. I was ecstatic.

I love you! Be happy!

Sister Hinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment