11.28.2014

Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when you're part of a team!

I'm really running out of subject titles, so I stole part of the Everything is awesome song from the Lego movie that came out...last fall? Or winter? I don't really know, I've just heard little kids sing it.

So I got a new companion! Her name is Sister Aldridge and she is one of the funniest companions I've had. We get along really well, and she is an amazing teacher! People are starting to really progress with her here, and I am learning a TON from her!

This is how my week went. Monday we cleaned/packed Sister Santos up all day, and Tuesday morning (which we thought was transfer morning, but definitely wasn't)  I dropped her off at the mission office. Sister Cook (a sister serving two stakes over from me) and I became temporary companions and we worked both of our areas for that day. Wednesday morning is when it got crazy. We woke up at her house, ran over to my house, ran back to her house because I realized I had lost the keys there, came back to my house, Sister Snyder got dropped off because she was waiting to pick up a new missionary that evening and couldn't find a split, ran Sister Cook back to her house to meet her new companion (who is Sister Ricks, by the way, my friend from BYU-I/ one of my companions in Kearns/ one of the nicest people on the face of the planet), came back here to meet my new companion, and then we were in a trio until we dropped Sister Snyder off with her ride to the mission office. I am amazed that we still have miles to use for the month. Thursday through Sunday was normal, except for re-learning to drive in the snow.

I am really really excited about the sisters in our zone right now. We have some of the best people! Sister Ricks and Sister Cook are both going to work a ton of miracles in their area. That area has been struggling for a looong looong time, and they are really diligent workers, they have a lot of faith, and they are both very charitable. They are exactly what that stake needs right now, and they are going to be used by the Lord to help a LOT of people.

Sister Snyder is still here, which I am thrilled about. She's been one of my favorite companions and I'm really happy that she's in the stake beside of me. I get to see her at least twice a week on Monday, and on Tuesday mornings during our district meetings. She's a really powerful teacher, and she doesn't give up on people. Sister Aldridge is just a great missionary, and people really listen to her when she speaks. This is going to be a great transfer!!

We started teaching a 14 year old girl named Jasmine that reminds me a ton of Olivia. She's got a lot of deep questions, and we're really excited to be teaching her. Now more than ever on my mission, I just have an overwhelming love for everyone I'm teaching. Charity is an attribute I've been working on for a long time, and I know that it says in the scriptures to pray with all the energy of heart to be filled with the pure love of Christ, which is charity. I'm seeing the answer to those prayers more every day. I don't think I've ever been as happy as I have been on my mission, I don't think I've ever loved people as much as I have on my mission. It's true that when we serve others, it helps us to love them, even if we don't know them very well.

Last night we had a lesson with Jordan and Marshall, who got baptized last month. They're helping with the sacrament on Sundays, and they're going to the temple this week!!! Well, Marshall is, Jordan might have wrestling practice, but he'll go soon if not Tuesday. I am so excited for them! They are amazing boys and I can't wait to see them get older and serve missions. We've been watching a few seminary videos with them for their new member lessons, and they actually really enjoy them! We do too. It's fun seeing their testimonies grow.

The weather in Utah is never really consistent. It'll be snowing for a few minutes, and then really sunny for a few minutes, we'll get ridiculous wind for a while, then it'll rain, then it'll get up in the 50s, then down in the 20s after an hour or so. Lately, though, it's been more cold than not. And as a result, hot chocolate is becoming a more popular beverage of choice. Sister Aldridge and I are thinking about setting up a free hot chocolate stand and giving away Books of Mormon and mormon.org cards and pamphlets along with it. Because if people run away when we come to them, maybe hot chocolate will help them come to us. We're not really sure how it's going to turn out, but our district leader didn't tell us no, so we'll see what happens. It worked for a set of elders giving away lemonade last summer, and if it can work for elders, I'm about 99% sure it'll work for sisters.

Thanksgiving is this week! And by that I mean I'm going to eat a lot of stuffing this week! It also means everyone is leaving town. That's alright, though. We'll find somebody to teach. If God can help us find a family that's living in a hotel, He can definitely help us find people home on Thanksgiving week.

I love you! Be happy!


Sister Hinkle

No comments:

Post a Comment